About Me

My photo
Pukekohe, New Zealand
I am: A sister to 4 and aunt to 12. A primary trained teacher working with High School aged special needs students. A new Stampin' Up Demonstrator.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Water colour Roses

I wanted to play around with colour for these next two cards.

I embossed the rose from the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set onto watercolour paper and then coloured each rose by picking up the ink from the lid of the ink pad with an Aqua Painter


I coloured this rose using Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz inks then mounted the rose on Old Olive Patterns DSP, and Old Olive Card Stock. The ribbon is Daffodil Delight 1/4" Gosgrain Ribbon and the greeting is from the Heard From the Heart stamp set.
I mounted the rose using Stampin Dimensionals.
The leaves were created by folding Old Olive Card Stock in half and then using the 1-3/8" x 5/8" Oval Punch to punch out a leaf shape. I kept the leaf in half and then created angled folds from along the length. (Running through a Crimper does the same thing even easier) unfold the leaf and use a Sponge Dauber to highlight the veins in Old Olive Ink. I attached using 2-Way Glue Pen then cut and curled a thin stripof Old Olive Card Stock for the vines.


This second card was created the same as above. The colours used were Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point and Old Olive Inks on the rose. I used Rich Razzleberry Patterned DSP and Old Olive 1/4" Gosgrain Ribbon. The bottom of the patterned paper was punched using the Eyelet Border Punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment